Ajantis did not start his travels along the Sword Coast expecting to find
the woman after his heart. For the right Player1 the romance will just happen,
and Ajantis himself will be overwhelmed by the feelings he experiences. But as
much as Ajantis is fascinated by Player1 that either shares his views or
politely rejects them, he will stop romancing or even attack if evil actions
are taken or Player1 insults his believes or his family. There are many
different options in Ajantis' talks, and Player1 does not always have to agree
with Ajantis to continue to be his romantic interest. However, insulting his
believes or family will end the romance. It is very important for Ajantis to
see Player1 on the path of good and righteousness, so high reputation is a must
for romancing this paladin; also if Player1 pursues the evil course of actions
too often (even if the evil deed did not result in reputation loss) it will
break the romance. Ajantis will have an inner conflict when the truth about the
Player1's Bhaal-heritage comes out. Only if this revelation comes after he
already confessed his love, the bond between Player1 and him is strong enough
for the romance to continue. This romance includes core love-talks, both
sequential and reactive to events in the game, PC-initiated flirt-packs, and
some NPC-initiated flirts.
Ajantis' Romance uses the Howard Shore's "Minas Tirith" theme as
the romance musical theme.
Alignments: All Good alignments
Races: Humans, Elves, Half-Elves and Halflings
Reputation: Has to be 11 or above for romance to initiate; requires the
reputation to be above 15 to progress after LT14
Special: Will break up the romance early if Player1 is a pure-class thief.
The romance will be interrupted if Bhaal's heritage is revealed too early in
the relationship. One of the romantic challenges contains graphic effects that
will not appear if you turned down the spell effects settings.
- Conflicts with Other NPCs:
With Coran and Xan.
- List of Conditions for Each Talk:
- No Conditions, sequential: LT1,LT2, LT3, LT4, LT6, LT8, LT9,
LT10, LT13, LT14, LT16, LT18, LT21,LT22
- At Rest: LT17, LT20, LT23
- After Rest: LT12
- At NIGHT and OUTDOOR: LT11, LT19
- During DAYTIME and OUTDOOR: LT15
- In CITY areas: LT17a
- After Rest, if PC and Ajantis were intimate in LT20: LT20b,
- At Rest, if PC and Ajantis were intimate in LT20: LT23
- If "Save me from a dragon" Challenge was chosen in
the romantic conflict: LT24
- At the entrance to the Undercity: LT25
- After Player1's Bhaal heritage is revealed: LT26 through LT29
- First Lines and Talk Numbering Scheme:
- LT 1: My lady, we formed our alliance to fight the bandits
threatening travelers in this area...
- LT1a (if Gorion was not mentioned in LT1): My lady, I...
overheard that you were raised by Gorion...
- LT2: My lady, I told you I am a squire paladin of the Most Holy
Order of the Radiant Heart...
- LT3: Look at all the occurences around us, my lady. People are
nervous and feel insecure...
- LT4: My lady, we have combined our forces to bring criminals to
- LT5: I would give my life if I could stop all evil around us
with only one strike of my sword...
- LT6: My lady, I have already told you I am from Waterdeep...
- LT7: We talked about Waterdeep, and you know that my family
- LT8: My lady, we have talked much of me and my family since we
- LT9: As I have already told you I am trying to gain enough glory
and honor to get knighted by the Order of the Most Radiant Heart...
- LT10: My lady, may I share my thoughts with you for a moment?...
- LT11: It is dark night already, and the stars are shining
- LT12 : Good morning, my lady. I see you are already awake.
- LT13: My lady, after our conversations about our families I was
wondering what type of life you would have preferred...
- LT14: My lady, during our last fight I was once again fortunate
enough to be able to admire your style of fighting.
- LT15: Do you see the flowers that are spreading their blossoms
along the path?
- LT16: My lady, might I pose a private question?
- LT17: My lady, now that everyone is preparing for rest, could I
speak to you about an important matter?
- LT18: My love, I enjoyed adorning you with a flower once...
- LT19: It is night again...
- LT20: This is where we are going to rest?
- LT20b: *smiles* Good morning, my love.
- LT21: My love, we did not talk of this further yet...
- LT22: My eyes are on you very often, my love.
- LT23: This is where we will rest for today?
- LT23b: Are you awake, my love?
- LT24: My love... You asked me how I would save you from a dragon
- LT25: What an evil place, full of the restless dead...
- LT 26: <CHARNAME>, You... You are an offspring of *Bhaal*,
God of Murder?!
- LT27: You know Alaundo's prophecies.
- LT28: <CHARNAME> >, I seek your forgiveness for the...
interrogating questions I posed to you...
- LT29: I... did not talk to you about this earlier, my love, but
I want you to know...