Branwen's Romance is, perhaps, what you would have expected it to be. A
warrior priestess, strong and outspoken, craving physical love rather than
romantic one, valuing strength, courage and honor in battle above all else. Do
not doubt that Branwen is capable to battle and conquer her worries, and indeed
pretty much anything, on her own. Yet, in her direct way, she'd share her
thoughts with a comrade who'd earned her trust, awarding him the glimpses into
her inner world, as well as her passion. Your character may be a light-hearted
tease, a weatherworn warrior of a few words, or a wide-eyed boy - it is
possible to complete the romance in all cases. But Tempus demands a lot from
his followers, and Branwen is no exception
This romance includes core
love-talks, both sequential and reactive to events in the game and flirt-packs,
both PC and NPC-initiated.
Branwen's Romance uses the Hilary Rushmer's recording of the 'New Day
A-Dawning' as the romance musical theme.
Constitution: 11 or above
Strength: 11 or above
Alignments: All non-Evil Alignments
Races: Humans, Elves, Half-Elves and Half-Orcs
Reputation: Has to be 10 or above for romance to initiate and continue
- Conflicts with Other NPCs:
- List of Conditions for Each Talk:
- No Conditions, sequential: LT1 through LT6, inclusive; LT10
through LT12, inclusive; LT14, LT15, LT17, LT19 and LT20
- At Rest: LT7, LT9, LT13, LT16, LT18
- At Waking: LT14
- PC wounded (lost at least 5% hitpoints): LT8
- In Candlekeep: LT21
- The Party Was Poisoned: LT22
- Player1 had discovered his heritage: LT23
- At the entrance to the Undercity: LT24
- First Lines and Talk Numbering Scheme:
- LT1: Your skills are well honed, <CHARNAME>, and your
technique is impressive.
- LT2: I must admit, I feel more at ease with you, now that I
sated my curiosity about your younger years.
- LT3: You pursue your enemies with ardor, but I wish that the
zeal you display in battle was matched by equal daring of your soul and spirit.
- LT4: I confess, I almost feel at home in your war party.
- LT5: I was in the wrong when I recounted to you tales and yarns
of Norheim with the flair of a cat in heat, or a love-struck youngling.
- LT6: I must admit, <CHARNAME>>, I have come to like
you, as a companion.
- LT7: I heard you moaning in your sleep another night.
- LT8: Ah! You got wounded again in the last battle!
- LT9: <CHARNAME>, sit with me for a moment.
- LT10: 'Twas Tempus' hand that brought us together.
- LT11: *Branwen stands still for a moment, facing the wind, her
blonde locks flying wild around her face. Then she smiles and turns to you.*
- LT12: <CHARNAME>, stop eating me with your eyes!
- LT13: 'Tis a pleasing thing to get some rest after glorious
battles in Tempus' name.
- LT14: The elflings are known to say "By the sea and
- LT15: Do you see this weapon, <CHARNAME>
- LT16: The skies here are different from those over Norheims.
- LT17: This clumsy butchery we're practicing is disgusting!
- LT18: *reads to you from an old tome* "And His Grace the
King came then upon Sir Knight and the Queen.
- LT19: 'Twill not pass.
- LT20: <CHARNAME>, >, I have come to a decision, and
'tis important that you listen to me.